Analiese has some weird eating habits (yes I know, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree).
Luckily she likes cheese, loves cheese actually. I gave her cheese earlier on, just for her to get a taste for it. She gobbles cheese right up. I just hate feeding it to her, then my hands smell like cheese and my hands smelling like cheese makes me almost gag.
She started out eating soo well when she smaller, but over time, she started to dislike baby food vegetables. Sweet Potatoes and carrots used to be her favorite, after a couple months though, she wouldn't touch the stuff. I started mixing the veggies in with the fruit and that worked for a bit, until around 8 1/2 months when she decided she didn't really like baby food at all.
That is where she got weird.
If it is smooth consistency, she won't eat it. Anything she can't chew (well gum in her one toothed case) she won't eat. Even if its not baby food! I can't get her to eat yogurt or applesauce or anything like that.
Luckily she has started to eat veggies again, as long as they aren't pureed and have spices or something on them. I think her favorite food is beef stew. She gobbled that stuff right up, carrots and all. It was crazy.
Here is a list of foods Analiese loves (for future reference for me mainly)
- Baked Potatoes with a tiny bit of butter and a little pepper
- Italian Soup with lentils and Sausage
- chicken noodle soup
- chicken, she loves chicken cooked anyway
- toasted bread with either pumpkin butter or yogurt spread on it.
- The little rice puff things you can buy at the store
- Beef Stew
- spaghetti with tomato sauce, and other pastas
- Pineapple Spinach smoothie
- mozzarella string cheese
- apples dipped in yogurt
- ice cream (man oh man she loves this, but she only can have a couple tiny bites at a time)
- Water (she usually isn't allowed juice except in her smoothie, I don't want her to only want juice)
She also loves anything you are eating. It doesn't matter what it is, if you're eating it, she wants it. It has gotten a bit annoying to eat around her because she grabs your food until you give her some or pulls to a stand on your legs and whines. So I usually eat when she is asleep or really super distracted by stuff.
I like my food spicy, and a couple of times I have given her bites of food that I thought weren't too spicy but apparently they were, and her face went crazy. It went all red and she gave me a look like 'what have you done to me momma?' but you give her some water and she is all better. I felt bad, but it was also hilarious watching her face go so red. She had better get used to spicy food later on, her daddy has, mostly...